Welcome to our category page dedicated to the distinctive style of Scandinavian Wallpaper for Walls. Here, you'll find an impressive collection of Nordic wallpaper designs, guaranteed to infuse your home with Scandinavian design's minimalist, functional beauty.
Scandinavian style is renowned for its simplicity, clean lines, and organic shapes, influenced by the region's love for nature and natural light. Our Scandinavian Wallpaper collection embodies these aesthetic principles, each design harmoniously balancing color, texture, and form.
38 Wall Murals
One of the highlights of our Scandinavian design wallpaper category is the Scandinavian Peel and Stick Wallpaper. As easy to install as it is to remove, this self-adhesive wallpaper is the perfect option for anyone wishing to transform their space in no time. And, with many designs, you can effortlessly capture the essence of Nordic design in your home.
We are proud also to offer an array of Scandinavian Removable Wallpaper, another testament to our commitment to style and functionality. This option provides flexibility for those who love to keep their décor fresh, allowing you to change your walls as often as you change your mind. Whether after geometric shapes, monochromatic lines, or playful patterns inspired by the Nordic wilderness, our removable wallpaper offers a world of Scandinavian-inspired possibilities.
For those who value convenience, you'll love our Scandinavian Self-Adhesive Wallpapers collection. This user-friendly option ensures an easy installation process without additional glue or pastes. Perfect for DIY enthusiasts, our self-adhesive wallpaper is a practical solution for any room, effortlessly complementing your space with Scandinavian design elements.
Our vast collection of Scandinavian Wallpaper for Walls is sourced with care, ensuring that we offer only high-quality, durable wallpapers that stand up to the test of time. The Scandinavian style, characterized by its pared-back aesthetics and understated elegance, invites tranquility and balance into any space. So, whether you're a long-time admirer of Nordic design or new to its calming allure, we invite you to explore our collection and find the perfect piece to transform your home.
What types of pattern designs can I expect in Scandinavian-style wallpaper?
The Scandinavian style is known for its minimalist, clean lines and neutral color palette. It typically includes elements that are inspired by nature and the northern climate. This extends to Scandinavian wallpaper designs as well. Here are some of the types of pattern designs you can expect in Scandinavian style wallpaper:
- Geometric Patterns:
- Simple Lines: Scandinavian style often uses simple, clean lines for a minimalistic and sophisticated look. These could be straight, diagonal, or wavy.
- Shapes: You can find geometric shapes like triangles, circles, or squares, usually in a repetitive pattern. These designs are often simple and understated.
- Nature-Inspired Patterns:
- Trees and Leaves: Scandinavian wallpapers often feature tree and leaf patterns reflecting a love for nature and the outdoors. These could range from detailed, life-like prints to stylized, abstract versions.
- Animals: Scandinavian designs may include motifs of northern wildlife such as deer, bears, birds, or fish.
- Floral: Scandinavian design also uses soft and delicate floral patterns. These are often less elaborate than their counterparts in other design styles.
- Abstract Patterns:
- Organic Lines and Forms: Scandinavian style often features abstract patterns inspired by organic lines and forms, presenting a modern and artistic touch.
- Stylized Motifs: Scandinavian design also includes more stylized, abstract motifs, which can add interest and a focal point to a room without being too busy.
- Nordic Mythology-Inspired Patterns:
- Symbols: Designs may incorporate ancient runes or signs linked to Norse mythology.
- Mythical Creatures: Designs might include depictions of mythical creatures like dragons or phoenixes that play a significant role in Nordic mythology.
- Textile Patterns:
- Stripes: Stripes are a popular pattern in Scandinavian design, often in muted or monochrome color schemes. They bring a feeling of simplicity and order.
- Checks and Plaids: These patterns, often found in traditional Scandinavian textiles, can also be seen in wallpaper designs. They can provide a cozy, homely feel.
- Minimalist Patterns:
- Dot Patterns: Dots and speckles in varying sizes create a simple, minimalist design. This can be done in monochromes or soft, muted colors.
- Solid Colors or Textures: Sometimes, the Scandinavian style might forgo patterns altogether, opting for wallpaper for walls in solid colors or with subtle textures. These help emphasize a clean, uncluttered aesthetic.
- Color Palette:
- Scandinavian designs favor a neutral and muted color palette, with many whites, greys, blacks, and beiges. However, there can also be pops of color, often inspired by nature, like forest greens, ocean blues, or bright yellows to represent sunlight.
- The key to Scandinavian peel and stick wallpaper is a balance between form and function. The designs should feel beautiful but also create a sense of calm and coziness, often known as "hygge" in Danish. Remember, Scandinavian design is all about simplicity and functionality, so the designs are not meant to overwhelm but to blend in with the rest of the interior design.
Which colors are typically used in Nordic wallpaper designs?
Nordic or Scandinavian wallpaper design emphasizes simplicity, functionality, and minimalism, all while incorporating natural elements. The color palette for Nordic wallpaper design is often a balance of understated and cool hues, typically involving the following colors:
- White and Off-Whites:
- Whites: These form the base for Nordic design. They make the room appear spacious, bright, and clean. Pure white is often used on walls to maximize light.
- Off-Whites: These colors are slightly warmer but still give off a minimalist aesthetic. Colors like cream, eggshell, and ivory are examples of off-white.
- Greys and Blacks:
- Greys: Various shades of grey are used for depth and sophistication, complementing the stark white base. Lighter greys maintain the lightness of the room, while darker greys add contrast.
- Blacks: While used sparingly, black occasionally creates a striking contrast with the otherwise light color palette.
- Soft Pinks: This color is often used to introduce a gentle touch of warmth and femininity into the design.
- Dusty Blues: This color brings a cool, calming effect to the room and is reminiscent of the Nordic sea and sky.
- Muted Greens: Evocative of the Nordic landscape, these colors are often used in designs featuring natural motifs.
- Natural Tones:
- Browns and Beiges: These colors represent wood and other natural elements, a fundamental part of the Scandinavian aesthetic. They add warmth to the overall cool color scheme.
- Earth Tones: Colors like moss green or stone grey might be used to underscore the connection with nature further.
- Bright Accents:
- Bold Yellows and Reds: These are sparingly used for a pop of color, to draw attention to particular elements of the wallpaper design. They also serve to break the monochrome monotony.
- Cool Blues: These are used not only as accents but also as representations of the Nordic climate.
- Metallic Accents:
- Silver and Gold: Metallic accents are sometimes used in Nordic removable wallpaper design to add a touch of luxury and shine to the otherwise muted color palette.
It's important to note that while these colors are commonly used in Nordic wallpaper design, the Scandinavian style's essence lies in its minimalistic, functional approach, use of natural light, and representation of the surrounding Nordic environment. The specific color choices can vary depending on these factors.
Can Scandinavian wallpapers be used in any home style, or do they suit a specific aesthetic?
Scandinavian removable wallpapers can indeed be used in any style of home. However, they best suit a specific aesthetic that aligns with Scandinavian interior design principles. Here's a more detailed answer:
- General Usability of Scandinavian Wallpapers:- Scandinavian removable wallpapers usually feature minimalistic patterns, nature-inspired themes, and a soothing color palette that includes white, grey, light blue, and earthy tones. These characteristics make them versatile and easily adaptable to various home styles.
- Versatile Patterns: The simple and elegant patterns of Scandinavian wallpapers can complement different types of furniture, fabrics, and other room elements.
- Soothing Colors: The calm and relaxing colors typically found in Scandinavian self adhesive wallpaper allow them to blend well in most environments. They can either serve as a neutral background or create a subtle contrast with other colors in the room.
- Different Textures: Some Scandinavian wallpapers offer different textures, which can add depth and visual interest to any space, regardless of style.
- Compatibility with Scandinavian Aesthetic:- While Scandinavian-style wallpapers can be used in many home styles, they suit the Scandinavian aesthetic.
- Minimalist Design: Scandinavian design is known for its minimalistic approach. The simplicity of Scandinavian adhesive wallpapers perfectly aligns with this principle, helping to maintain a clean, uncluttered look.
- Nature-Inspired Themes: Many Scandinavian wallpapers have patterns inspired by nature, reflecting the Nordic love for the outdoors. This feature helps create a serene and relaxing environment typical of Scandinavian interiors.
- Emphasis on Light: Scandinavian design values natural light. The light colors and reflective surfaces of Scandinavian wallpapers can enhance the brightness of a room.
- Harmony and Balance: The Scandinavian design philosophy prioritizes harmony and balance. With their understated elegance and muted colors, Scandinavian wallpapers contribute to this sense of equilibrium.
- Adaptability to Other Design Styles:- Even though Scandinavian design wallpapers best match the Scandinavian aesthetic, they can be successfully incorporated into other interior design styles.
- Modern and Contemporary Styles: Due to their minimalistic and clean lines, Scandinavian Contemporary wallpapers fit well in modern and contemporary homes.
- Rustic Style: Scandinavian Rustic wallpapers' nature-inspired elements and earthy tones can complement rustic or farmhouse-style homes.
- Industrial Style: The simplicity of Scandinavian industrial wallpapers can balance the raw and edgy features of an industrial style interior.
- Boho Style: While bohemian style is typically more vibrant, a Scandinavian style bohemian wallpaper can serve as a calming counterpoint, preventing the space from feeling overwhelming.
While Scandinavian wallpapers can be adapted to various home styles, they truly shine in environments that respect the fundamental principles of Scandinavian design.
Which areas or rooms in my home are most suitable for Scandinavian wallpaper?
Scandinavian design is characterized by simplicity, functionality, and minimalism, often employing a combination of textures, contrasting colors, and natural materials. Regarding wallpaper, this can translate into calming neutral tones, abstract or naturalistic patterns, and light and airy color palettes. Here are several areas or rooms in your home where Scandinavian wallpaper would work particularly well:
- Living Room:
- Visual Impact: The living room is often the heart of a home, and Scandinavian wallpaper can help to create a stylish, welcoming atmosphere. Light colors and simple patterns can make the room seem larger and brighter, adding texture and depth.
- Flexibility: A diverse range of Scandinavian wallpaper designs can match various furniture styles in your living room, allowing you to change furniture without updating your wallpaper.
- Soothing Ambiance: Scandinavian wallpapers, especially those with subtle patterns and calm colors, are perfect for creating a relaxing and serene atmosphere ideal for sleeping.
- Personal Space: Bedrooms are a private sanctuary. Scandinavian wallpaper can reflect your unique style, whether minimalist, modern, or rustic.
- Energizing Effect: Bright and crisp Scandinavian designs can enhance the energy of the kitchen, a place where you start your day. Light and natural colors can also make the space feel clean and fresh.
- Combining Functionality and Aesthetics: Scandinavian design is known for its practicality, making it ideal for a space like a kitchen. Wallpaper with a durable, washable finish can handle kitchen messes while still adding visual interest.
- Creating a Spa-like Atmosphere: Light, airy colors and naturalistic or abstract patterns can create a tranquil, spa-like feel in the bathroom.
- Size Enhancement: If you have a small bathroom, using light-coloured Scandinavian wallpaper can help make the space seem larger.
- Home Office:
- Productivity Boost: The clean, minimalist aesthetics of Scandinavian wallpaper can create a distraction-free environment, helping to boost productivity.
- Calmness: The soothing nature of Scandinavian designs can make your workspace feel calm and stress-free.
- Welcoming Atmosphere: A hallway decorated with Scandinavian wallpaper can provide a welcoming transition between rooms or create a good first impression for guests.
- The illusion of Space: Using light colors and vertical patterns can help to make a narrow hallway appear broader and taller.
- Children's Room:
- Stimulating Yet Calm: Scandinavian designs often incorporate elements of nature, which can be both stimulating and calming for children. Think soft colors with simple, playful patterns.
- Age Appropriate: The timeless nature of the Scandinavian design means that the wallpaper will still be suitable as your child grows older, making it a cost-effective choice.
Remember, the choice of wallpaper should also depend on your preferences, the natural light in the room, and the overall interior design theme you aim for.
Is Scandinavian peel and stick wallpaper suitable in bathrooms or other high-moisture areas?
The use of Scandinavian peel and stick wallpaper in bathrooms or other high-moisture areas depends on a few key factors:
- Most Scandinavian peel and stick wallpapers are made from vinyl or other non-porous materials, which can resist the effects of moisture to a certain degree.
- However, if the wallpaper is made from paper or fabric, it might not withstand moisture as well and could become damaged, discolored, or moldy.
- Adhesive Strength:
- High-quality peel and stick wallpaper generally has a strong adhesive that should hold up in damp environments.
- Poor-quality adhesive might fail in a moist environment, causing the wallpaper to peel or bubble.
- Even the best peel and stick wallpaper could suffer in a bathroom or other high-moisture area if the ventilation is poor.
- Good ventilation is essential to prevent moisture buildup, which could lead to the wallpaper peeling, bubbling, or growing mold.
- Location of Wallpaper:
- The specific location of the wallpaper in the bathroom or other moist areas is also critical.
- If the wallpaper is positioned away from direct water sources, such as the shower or sink, and out of the natural steam path, it has a better chance of longevity.
- Regular maintenance, including cleaning and drying, can prevent moisture-related peel and stick wallpaper issues.
- However, cleaning the wallpaper according to the manufacturer's instructions is essential to avoid damaging it.
- Manufacturer's Guidelines:
- Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions when considering peel and stick wallpaper in a bathroom or other high-moisture area.
- They should provide specific guidance on the appropriate use of their product and whether it's suitable for use in moist environments.
- Wall Surface:
- The surface where the wallpaper is being applied should also be considered.
- It should be clean, dry, and smooth for the best adhesion. High-moisture areas may require additional preparation to ensure the wall surface is suitable for wallpaper.
In summary, while Scandinavian peel and stick wallpaper can be used in bathrooms or other high-moisture areas, it's essential to consider the factors above to ensure it lasts and maintains its appeal. Always follow the manufacturer's guidelines and perform regular maintenance to prevent issues.
Which Scandinavian wallpaper patterns would work best in a bedroom or living room?
Scandinavian design is a movement characterized by simplicity, minimalism, and functionality. This design aesthetic became prominent in the mid-20th century and is famous for its clean lines and uncluttered look. For rooms like the bedroom or living room, various types of Scandinavian wallpaper patterns work best, and they are usually chosen based on the desired mood and atmosphere, as well as the room's existing decor and furnishings.
- Geometric Patterns:
- Subtle Elegance: Geometric patterns can bring a Scandinavian touch without overwhelming the room. These patterns often use simple shapes and lines to create striking designs. Opt for softer tones for a calming effect or bold colors for an energetic vibe.
- Harmonizing with Minimalism: Geometric patterns in Scandinavian designs perfectly suit the minimalist aesthetic due to their simplicity and clean lines. Sticking to two or three colors is best to maintain the minimalist theme.
- Nature-Inspired Prints:
- Serene Ambiance: Nature Wallpaper with patterns inspired by natural elements like trees, leaves, or birds help to create a peaceful ambiance, perfectly suitable for a bedroom. Scandinavian design frequently incorporates nature as a nod to the beautiful landscapes of the Nordic countries.
- Environmental Connection: These patterns help foster a connection with the environment and create a sense of peace and tranquillity, a significant component of Scandinavian philosophy.
- Monochrome Designs:
- Visual Consistency: The Scandinavian style often uses monochrome designs to create visual consistency. The single color scheme lets the eye move quickly around the room, creating a spacious and open feeling.
- Flexibility: These designs offer flexibility in changing room accents without replacing the wallpaper. Monochrome patterns can be paired with different color palettes and decor styles, from bold and vibrant to soft and subdued.
- Stripes and Lines:
- The illusion of Space: Striped patterns, either vertical or horizontal, are another common theme in Scandinavian design. They can make a room seem larger than it is, with vertical stripes giving an impression of height and horizontal lines suggesting width.
- Balance: Stripes and lines add a sense of order and balance to the room. While it's often best to stick to muted tones, a bold stripe can also make a dramatic statement in a living room or bedroom.
- Abstract Prints:
- Artistic Expression: Abstract prints in Scandinavian design allow creative and artistic expression. It can bring an attractive focal point to a room while maintaining a minimalist aesthetic.
- Versatility: Abstract designs can also blend with various decor styles and furnishings, making them versatile for both bedrooms and living rooms.
Remember that in Scandinavian design, the emphasis is on simplicity, functionality, and a connection to nature. Choose the pattern that best reflects these principles and the overall aesthetic you want to achieve in your room.
Can Scandinavian Wallpaper be used in a child's room or nursery?
Scandinavian wallpaper can be used in a child's room or nursery. Scandinavian design principles are widely lauded for their simplicity, functionality, and connection to nature. These principles can create a calm, appealing, and versatile environment for a child's room or nursery. Here are some key points to consider:
- Minimalistic and Modern: Scandinavian style is characterized by minimalism, simplicity, and functionality. This can create a serene and peaceful environment perfect for a child's room or nursery.
- Timeless Appeal: The timeless nature of the Scandinavian design ensures that the room will look modern as the child grows older. The design can easily transition from a nursery to a toddler's room and even to a teenager's room with minor updates.
- Design and Patterns
- Nature-Inspired Themes: Scandinavian wallpapers often feature nature-inspired motifs such as trees, animals, and mountains, which are child-friendly and can stimulate a child's imagination and connection to nature.
- Neutral Tones and Bold Prints: These wallpapers typically have neutral, soothing backgrounds with pops of colors or bold patterns that can add fun elements without overwhelming the senses.
- Quality and Durability
- High-Quality Materials: Scandinavian wallpapers are often made from high-quality materials, which can withstand the test of time and are more resistant to damage, an essential factor to consider in a child's room.
- Easy to Clean: Many types of Scandinavian wallpaper are easy to clean and maintain, a key consideration for spaces used by children.
- Eco-Friendly Production: Scandinavian design principles strongly emphasize sustainability and environmental consciousness. Therefore, Scandinavian wallpapers are often made from eco-friendly materials and use sustainable practices.
- Healthier Choice: These wallpapers are typically free from harmful chemicals, so they are a healthier choice for your child's room.
- Wide Range of Options: The wide range of designs, patterns, and colors in Scandinavian wallpaper can cater to various personal preferences and room themes.
- Room Expansion: This style of wallpaper can also make a small room appear more prominent because of its light colors and simple, airy designs.
To conclude, Scandinavian wallpapers are suitable and can be an excellent choice for a child's room or nursery. They can provide a stylish, serene, and functional environment that grows with your child, while their eco-friendly nature makes them a healthier choice. However, it's essential to consider factors like personal preference, room size, and natural light.